Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

I woke up at 0630am this morning. But i was hardly tired-I had a couple of 'small' missions to complete. Firstly, I thought of being an easter bunny this year and leave mini chocolate bars and eggs outside each of my friend's door. Hence, early in the morning i crept into Walsh and place their egg baskets just outside their door-half hoping no one would be hung over from last night and step on it. (they didn't!)

Then i started on my journey down to Queenscliff, which was an hour and a half drive away from Melbourne. Of course i didnt drive down...instead i took a train from Southern Cross Station to Geelong, then from Geelong a shuttle bus to the Malpone--where the event was held.

The Queenscliff Seafood Festival is said to be Australia's largest Seafood Festival, and judging from the crowd that turned up today, it probaly is true. The fest is also a fund raising event for the Royal Children's Hospital's Good Friday Aid. Well, apart from wanting to head somewhere far for Easter, i attended this event partly for my Hard News Story Assignment. I thought I'd get some good pictures and maybe interview some people (but never got to in the end because they were too busy. I was skeptical at first(and a little worried on behalf on the organizers) seeing the small turnout in the morning. The big park look just like any other park on the weekends. Families were sprawled across, on their picnic mats, fully equipped with fod from the fest and snacks they brought from home. Children were running everywhere, their laughters offering an extra jingle to the live band that was playing on stage.

Queenscliff is a small coastal fishing village, a nice friendly neighbourhood where you can find interesting french arts stuff. A local told me to try out some good gelatos which i unfortunately did not have enough capacity to stomach (had too much dutch fritters in the fest). I strolled around and managed to buy 2 bohemian dresses! (yay! but please don't tell my mum!)

2 comments:

  1. Haha! i will tell your mum...wakkaka!

    Oh, gosh...Seafood Festival! I dont think i can stop eating over there.

    Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yea...you'd enjoy yourself as much as i did! =) Happy easter Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete