Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday.

It's past 9 of a wednesday morning and there is still no sign of the sun. It seems, Melbourne, in her ever changing mood swing, has sunken low into her moody days again. Funny how we are easily affected by the weather. The rain falls from the sky as if someone had emptied a bag of sand. Quiet, unintimidating, yet extrememly unnerving. It's the type of rain that dances a tango with your mind. Should I or should I not bring an umbrella along? Just as you think it would be fine to do without an umbrella, you find yourself regretting that split decision halfway through your walk. Long winded, persistent. Like a manipulative lover, who won't stop crying just to get things done her way.

I gaze out of my window and my mind begins to work. What goes through my mind are things that i'd need to do today- assignments to be completed, cards to be sent out, readings to be done. The decision I make works it way around the controlling weather. A huge part of me is reluctant to step out of my house in a wet weather like this.

And then my thoughts rest upon you, as they always do. The thought of you somehow always slips into a corner of my mind, like a child who folds his arms, and smiles cheekily at his busy parent, knowing he will always triumph at the end of the day. Without saying a word, he says,'let's go out and play!' So i linger for a moment there, nestling into your bed and recollecting the smell of your sheets. I confess, with all these to juggle on my own, I don't think of you as much as before, but each time it is stronger than before. It is better this way, i reckon.

I tell you this-how I stop to think of you when I'm busy. You said you do the same too. If i were to go without news for a while, you'd hurriedly text me to catch up. You used the word fade. I think that is a beautiful word.

Do you miss me? I've had to ask. How much?

No comments:

Post a Comment