Sunday, March 22, 2009

Walsh, my second home?

Some attractions are destined and unavoidable, like my instant affection for the atmosphere at Walsh residence and a bunch of guys who live in Unit 5 of Walsh Main. For those of you who think I'm talking Greek now,let me explain. The student accommodation that I live in---Rooms International has 3 main residences at 3 different locations---Bouverie residences (which includes Swanston East and West), Walsh (which consists Walsh Main, Ground and West) and Monet (a dorm style accommodation). I remember feeling very serene the first time Jessie brought me to Walsh on my informal work orientation. Walsh West is shrouded in trees and shrubs whilst Walsh Main has a nice open deck area where communal livng spirit comes alive. The first time I met the Unit 5 boys i was amazed. I couldn't help smiling at the way 2 chinese boys and a 'guai lou' were cooking together and how neat their apartment was (but i have to say, it has deteriorated slightly now...)

I guess we started hanging out a lot after Kelvin's birthday dinner. Oops, forgive my bad manners. Basically the guys at Unist 5 consists of Kelvin, Ivan, Neil and Adi. They share the apartment with two other girls Linda and Neesh. Kelvin, who is from Sibu, is a third year mechanical engineering student at Melbourne Uni. I have a hard time controlling myself from laughing everytime i see him because Kelvin has such an energetic, animatic and down to earth personality. He's the good guy, big brother type. Really, he just cracks me up. And i know he reads my blog so there u go Kelv, u make me laugh---OUT LOUD.

Then there's Ivan, the Interior Design student from KL. I sort of have the feeling that Ivan's the youthful, teeny one in the gang. The guy who's into live bands, gigs, contemp. design, surfing, travelling, photography and straight tongue-in-cheek sarcasm. He won't hold himself back to diss you if he dislikes you but i think at heart he's a kind, considerate person. He's the only one who'd offer help with the grocery shopping or to walk me home. Oh, Kelv does too. =)

Then comes Neil, the Australian-Canadian dude from ottowa. Neil in general, is like the devil and the saint to me. Having completed his Masters in Philosophy and now a Juris Doctor student at Melbourne Uni, Neil embolishes two extreme personalities, the guy that can work and party hard at the same time. It's a very good balance we can all strive to emulate. 'Sei guai lou' is what we call him and his eyes lits up whenever we do, as if he owns it (the nickname) proudly.

Aditya or Adi in short is from India. I can't say much about Adi because he's ALWAYS on the move, either heading out or coming in...and then heading out again. From our conversation, i reckon he comes from a strict family back home in India (his parents are doctors) and is out looking for lots of fun in life. Cheeky is one word i'd used to describe him.

I've been frequenting Walsh a lot (and...aiks...even crashing over at their place). I enjoy cooking and having dinner with them, or drinking coffee (or beer) and just chatting. So Kelv, is it ok to name Walsh my second home? Especially now with that cool Coffee maker and Neil's milk frother?

I kinda think i need a girl friend though.

No comments:

Post a Comment