Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Here Comes the Sun

I've always loved that famous Beatles jingle, especially on a sunny day, how apt! Well, the sun is out now in Melbourne city, for two consecutive days after hiding itself the past week. I love the sun! Perhaps being a Malaysian, it is intrinsic of me to feel attached to it, or the mere biological fact that my body is anti-resistant to cold. Either way, I wish I can soak up the sun and store it in my body like a solar system!

I woke up at 4am. Well, actually I havent been getting a sound and peaceful sleep lately and don't bother asking me if anything is bothering me because that will bother an insomniac more! After finishing the first half of my Orientalism reading and chatting with Jimmy, my lethargic body was screaming 'CAFFEINE' so i took a warm shower, did laundry, got dressed and headed to Vic Market---I decided to treat myself to a Skinny Cap. and Chicken Wrap. I am a morning person and what I love about mornings most is seeing dawn break. I love seeing the blue, red and orange hues splashed across the velevty blue sky. I also love the bustle of mornings, how everyone is up and about, energetic and enthusiastic, full of anticipation of the day ahead. Of course, there are some who looked like they slept standing up the whole night but i digress. Anyways, it is this period of the day when the engines of labour starts warming up and getting ready to burst into full force!

After breakfast, i navigated my way to Melbourne Uni's Ballieu Library; found a cosy study area by the window and continued my readings. Why Melb Library instead of RMIT's? Simply because I remembered Liang Jie's detestment against RMIT libraries and decided to find out for myself why he favours Ballieu instead. My conclusion is: do your readings at Ballieu if you wish to put on an academia's hat. or...if like me,you simply enjoy watching a live montage of mixed personalities through a glass window on the pretext of studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment