Thursday, March 26, 2009

Monologues: Part 1

I'm most lonely when
I come face to face with myself
And my fears becomes a deafening silence
And my dreams, a fading mockery
I'm most lonely when
I meet my own ghost.
And she sits there, at my kitchen
sipping coffee, watching me.
And tells me stories about
my past, times when this room
was more crowded, lively, nosiy.
They were here once, when the music played,
she said, now they're gone.
One by one, they made their way
out of my door, without me noticing
So now i'm stuck here
just me and my ghost.
Let's sing a song, i said,
picking up my guitar.
And we sang, and we danced,
and we laughed, we laughed!
Then we got tired and snuggled up
Close to each other, i didnt know
heartbeats belong to ghosts.
You think they'll ever come back?
You think he'll ever come back?
I asked.
You'll never know... she said.
Maybe it is you who keeps running.
She said. And sips her coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment