Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hallmark Moments

Jessie, Tsu-Mei and her friends and I went to Hawthorn Craft Market today. It's a craft market that takes place only every first Sunday of the month. It wasn't a big one but i did managed to buy really beautiful hand painted birthday cards for my family. Actually, i can't wait till November to send them out. Jess said I could send them the cards out of spontaneity. I bit my lower lip and pondered for a minute. It would be a really wild gesture but maybe it is called for. Maybe the spontaneity will mend wounds faster. Maybe i should get over the conservativeness and the rigidity that were possibly the cause of the problem in the first place.

"'Just thinking of you dad..." "Just missing you mum..."

Since when have we fallen into the close-minded mould that many traditional Chinese families were created from? Since when was it such a taboo for us to say we love each other among ourselves. Why do my hands tremble and my lips quiver slightly whenever mum hands the phone over to dad? Or why do i half-wish that dad won't be everytime I call? Sad, isn't it? But that's what we've been reduced to.

You think I should send that card soon don't you? I know you do. I can feel your heaad nodding.

p/s: I can only take photos of the stuff that i bought tomorrow as my SD card is with someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment