Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Once Wanted To Be A VJ

Here's a fact that not all of you might be interested in, but if you must know, 90s RnB gets me more amorous than any amount of oysters I can feed on. If you're my potential boyfriend, i hope you're taking notes.

I've been listening to Janet Jackson's I Get Lonely and Whitney Houston's Heartbreak Hotel for the past one hour. Just these two songs, on playback non stop. It's my new red wine and chocolate.

I guess there is a big part in me that will always resonate with these songs from the 90s like how mum clicks with The Carpenters. It brings back memories, it brightens up your day, and it sure makes you snicker at youngsters these days, saying,"tsk tsk tsk, these young dopes, they ain't know nuthin' about music..." Those good old days of MTV Pop Charts , Channel V's American Billboard. Those days when VJ Sonia, Asha, Jamie, Donita and Utt were my role models, those endless practises I had being a VJ in front of my toilet mirror.

Ahh. I will come up with a list of songs that you can play anytime of the day, any amount of times you want and I'd still be bopping my head along. But for now, I'm going to play those two songs again before I hit the sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment