Friday, May 1, 2009

Saturday Late Morning @ VSL

I intended to stay in and finished de Botton's Essays in Love last night, but i achieve no progress. I did stay in, but was sidetracked. Anyways,I'm back at the VSL (Victoria State Library) on a Saturday morning again, vowing to finish the book before I surrender it back to Ballieu next tuesday.

I miss home and my family very much. Yesterday, I braced myself to text daddy in the afternoon because I have not spoken to him in a month since he's always travelling. it's one of humanities greatest irony i think, how absence makes the heart grow fonder.

There is something magical about yearning for home, for familiar faces, but then magic evaporates when you eventually get to that state. Just like how I think and miss my family a lot lately, and even think of corny things to say to them, but as soon as I'm on the phone with them, the tone of voice i project fails to portray that deep sense of longing and love. An invisible wall is erected out of no where, and that magical feeling i suppressed by formalities constructed long ago. Still, the warm feeling still manages to nuzzle through moments when mum would call to ask if my cough is better, or when she keeps going through the list of things to bring for me when they visit, or when she tells me that everyone in the office loves her new bag and hence she wants to buy one for me too ("What colour do you want? White? Oh yes, I think white is nicer..." )

Mothers day is coming up and I have already prepared my card...but i hope the magic will be projected across through post.

1 comment:

  1. Hhaha, sounds familiar when i was in NS, and i thought family values pump into my mind after that...

    But now back home, im still the old me who still dont know much about family love or value...haha! like those typical saying of you'll apperciate only when you lost it.

    Crabby redpepper, you'll always love your family no matter what, i do know that. And me, will love but would also be the selfish lone camel rider in Tibet.

    Im sure Aunty Karen will be glad to receive your card like all mothers will. :) Haha! :P

    p/s: Im rambling in your blog again...hoho! i pity your serious blog follower, always have to read some kind of spammer comments here...haha!

    ReplyDelete