Wednesday, May 27, 2009

i want to wake up like this

Like warm milk,
gurgling at the corner
of a satisfied baby's grin.
The odour of a baby's breath
an exudation of dawn
over the shortcomings of life
An incense named life.

As sunlight nestle among us,
our white cotton sheets
still wet with the dew
of last night's dreams.
A dream that trails off
at our entertwined feet

Before the jostle of a busy street
the demands of a sturdy work desk,
the pot of coffee,
brewing on a burning stove,
or even freshly buttered scones
Before the anticipation of these,
attempts to steal my attention away;
I cushion my cheek against your chest
and You...
You smell like...
Like warm milk,
Like baby's breath to me.

3 comments:

  1. Crystal, long time no see.

    This post was very appealing to me, and I happen to have a friend who is in need of lyrics for her musical composition. Mind if I allow her to refer to your post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...yea! sure. Haha. Do i get royalty for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will ensure that you get your piece of the cake.

    ReplyDelete