Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sweet Potato Glazed in Balsamic Vinegar & Honey




One of my most memorable lunch outings with Jimmy was when went to an authentic Southern Chinese cuisine in KL last year. Noting the sweet tooth that I have, it was the sweet potato dipped in molasses and water that stood out among the rest of the dishes. The sinfully sweet combination of the warm crispy sweet potato and molasses. I was particularly excited at seeing how the molasses hardened after dipping it into a bowl of water. Anyways, my lunch today of baked sweet potato glazed with balsamic vinegar-honey is a reminiscence of that dish and that oddly memorable afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, the pic is very nice! Gosh, the 1st glance at the 1st pic was like from some kind of cook book. Keep it up,gal!

    I know that afternoon. It was the day we leave Malacca, 24 November 2008 to be precise.

    I remember you still call me after the lunch, asking me have i arrive to your house. Haha! Luckily i didnt join that lunch, which would eventually ruin your memorable lunch.Wakkaka!

    Very interesting dish indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Jun's memory, sharp as ever. =)

    ReplyDelete