Thursday, February 26, 2009

I can try...

Lately, as anticipated, I find myself being extracted from my comfort zone and dipping my foot into unfamiliar waters. Things like working with a stern new boss, possibly taking a second job making sandwiches and brewing coffees with no prior experience, or going for a drama casting audition... sorry, a CANTONESE speaking drama casting audition.

Such circumstances force me to question my capability of handling these challenges, and every now and then I get bitten by the fear bug. In times like these, I pause for a minute, catch my breath and tell myself, don't worry girl, have more faith and give it go. The worst thing that could happen is failing, and failing comes before success so it's not the worst thing either! I pester myself like a little child and cling on tight to my motto that the willingness to learn comes before any skills nor experiences. Everyone started somewhere. That stern boss who runs this accommodation must've gone through the same sort of struggle before being this successful. The sanwich artist behind that bar must've thought foccacia is a type of vegetable, or mispronounced it as foe-kah-SIA. Zhang Ziyi couldnt speak a word of english before landing that role in the Oscar nominated 'Memoirs of a Geisha'.

Every tree grew from a little seed and the thought that it all comes from God comforts me.

I may not have done it, I may not be able to do it but I will not live this life just guessing what i may or may not do.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, I always learn something new from your blog entry,which is a very good thing.

    Now i know foccacia(Foe-Cah-Cha)is an Italian flat-oven bread,something similar to pizza.

    Another typical example will be Leehom who doesnt know any Mandarin but now composing his own songs and pronouncing it better than you and me.

    Maybe one day you could have a Cantonese talk show. haha! :)

    So just like Addidas and Nike tag line: Impossible is nothing, just DO it!

    All the best! i will support you always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I will not live this life just guessing what i may or may not do."

    Totally agreed with it. Your achievment may be way beyond your imagination. Gambateh!

    ReplyDelete