Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Disappointments

Hi Mum!

Attached is the 2nd semester fee invoice from RMIT. Total amount is AUD x which must be paid before 30th June 2009 .

I think it's cheaper, safer and faster if I paid it through my BPAY (online banking) account. Hence you can just transfer the money to me and I will make the payment. (and no worries, i won't use the money to fly to Bahamas the next day).

On a lighter note, how's your day so far? I have a meeting with my lecturer at 1pm later. After that, it's holiday for me! Wee!! .... Well, more like Brr actually. It's so wet and cold here. =(

Alright, that's all for now. Hope you have a wonderful, blessed day today!


Love,
Cryst



Hi Crystal,

Can do..will direct transfer the money to you in next few days.
Take care...yah and don't fly to BAHAMAS. Dad & koko is fine here.
Had a chat with Dad last nite ...and he happy with koko career and
said his only hope is to that Crystal will marry a decent guy in the
future...that is your DAD ok..funny at times..haha

Regards,
Karen Ong


My heart plunged after reading mum's reply. As much love, wit and good-intentions it contained, I found myself thanking God that it wasn't a live conversation.

My fingers lay still on the keyboard for a long time, as if my hands were binded by cuffs. But my mind wasn't blank, in fact, on the contrary, they were racing with several answers:

1. I can be a sarcastic,rebelious idiot by replying:
" Thanks mum. Tell dad I agree with him and hope i can marry a man as loyal and faithful to his wife as he is."

or

2. I can be a wimpy, no nuts wuss by saying:
" Thanks... mum ... I...I am so sorry....and yes, I hope i can marry a decent man and not the rock and roll drug addict i dated back then...what was i thinking? i was so naive mum... you should have slapped me harder..."

or i can i can use the "wild" card and make a "no comment" statement:
3. "Thanks mum! That's great. I'm happy you and dad had a nice conversation. Oh by the way, have you ever noticed that Banana was yellow in colour? I just realised today. How interestig!"

I thought for a while, and in the end simply replied,


Thanks mum, that'd be great! =) Send my love to dad and koko too.

I'm off to clean my room and the apartment now! It looks like a war zone
between paper and books.

Missing you guys much!


Love,
Crystal


It was a safe, earnest answer that combined the elements of all the possible answers above.

5 comments:

  1. Ironic i could just say.

    But, why your mum's reply was so 'formal' as she was writing to her client. 'regards, karen ong' and not at least 'regards,mum'

    Analysing. haha!

    Hope my call did lift your heavy dissapointment heart abit. :P

    Just heard around that Australia's work placement is so so little even for local themselves.

    DO think twice if you really wanna stay there and work and get married eventually. Though is your dad's 'wish',but this is your life, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, i half chuckled when i saw that. I think being the efficient worker as she is, she thought it would save a lot of time by using her sign off template.

    Yes, and PR application process is getting slower. Even i wanted to apply for PR, i have to do a Masters after that. I'm still thinking about it. Maybe I will join you in Tibet. I'm sure they need journalist now. And i don't mean just reporting about camel's poo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought so. Very 'efficient' indeed.

    In this situation, i felt like running out to be a war photographer and die 'beautifully' than waiting the earth silently falling apart.

    Tibet is for me, not you. And i will make it happen for real. Though maybe not being a journalist but at least an indepth tourist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when is the tibet thing ?
    if can... count me in too !

    ReplyDelete